DECEMBER 29, 2017 SUPPLEMENTAL POSTCARD REMINDER
Dear Potential Class Member,
You previously received notice of a settlement in a class action lawsuit that arose out of the fire on April 3, 2015, at GE’s Appliance Park in Louisville, Kentucky (the “AP6 Fire”). We write again to remind you of the Settlement and to encourage you to make a claim for benefits. Our records identify you as a potential Class Member.
• Class Members may receive $150 or more depending on the distance of your residence from the AP6 Fire. (Note: your final award amount may be more or less depending on the total number of valid claims we receive).
• Class Members are eligible for cash payments even if you previously received money from GE in connection with the AP6 Fire.
• Class Members may also claim out-of-pocket expenses resulting from the AP6 Fire and shelter-in-place advisories.
• You must complete and mail a Claim Form to obtain any Settlement benefits. You may obtain a blank Claim Form from the Settlement website, www.GeFireSettlement.com, or by calling the Settlement Administrator at 1-800-345-0837.
• Claim Forms must be postmarked by January 16, 2018.
Please visit www.GeFireSettlement.com for more information.
Ed Gentle Settlement Administrator
Are your customers raving about you on social media? Share their great stories to help turn potential customers into loyal ones.
Welcome to the website for the General Electric Company ("GE") Fire Settlement. The Settlement arose from the lawsuit Sherhonda Stewart, et al. v. Derby Industries, LLC, and General Electric Co., case no: 15-CI-01623.
On this website, you will find information about the Settlement, important dates and documents and Settlement forms you may print and submit to the Settlement Administrator.
A Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit that arose out of the alleged property damage, inconvenience, and nuisance to neighboring residents caused by the fire on April 3, 2015, in Building 6 at GE’s Appliance Park in Louisville, Kentucky (the “AP6 Fire”), and the related shelter-in-place advisories.
There is a settlement fund of $1.2 Million to pay claims of persons who resided in or owned residential property within certain distances from AP6 at the time of the AP6 Fire. Settlement Class Members are also eligible to make a claim for documented out-of-pocket expenses resulting from the AP6 Fire and shelter-in-place advisories, and the Settlement Administrator has set aside $150,000 of the settlement fund to pay such claims. Claim payments are subject to proportionate decreases or increases depending upon Class Member response. For more information regarding your potential eligibility, please see the Notice and Claim Form section.
Claim Forms must be postmarked by January 16, 2018.
The deadline to opt-out or object to the Settlement is December 17, 2017.
The Court will hold a hearing to decide whether to approve the Settlement. You may attend and you may ask to speak, but you do not have to. The final Fairness Hearing will be held on March 28, 2018, at 1:15 p.m. in Courtroom Number 12, at the Jefferson County Judicial Center, 700 West Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202.
Please check this site often to ensure you are aware of important Settlement developments and deadlines.